Wednesday, March 25, 2009

some news

sorry for the huge wait, but the DEMO!... will be released in the following week if octohunter (the person who programmed the upgrades) gives me the codes for them in that time frame. in other news, I have been touching up on the story and really thinking about it, things will now change like karikardas will be like Bryyo in a way from metroid prime 3, having a reddish sky with clouds while raining, the ionic-X cluster isn't fully wild anymore, karikardas is at the very edge of federation controlled galaxy so karikardas will be having a little bit of federation activity... but not too much. sadane on the other hand is under space pirate control and the federation won't go on that planet because it is unstable and could meltdown at anytime. Tirane12 will not have any GF but there will be this one meet-up with a spacepirate leader whom holds some of samus's old weapons like power bombs (explained in game) there will also be a space pirate ship that gets around much like samus does in her own ship. darudane I am still thinking about, though I have an idea about it, but I won't share it =) and Xion I haven gotten to. oh! I just remembered you guys haven't seen beta xion:

yeah, everything that you guys have seen (besides actual in-game stuff) is beta. now, demo stuffs... well no boss, I decided to save that, though the boss room will still be there. I tried to add some enemies, but they glitched up the game, so I am still working on them (getting closer to fixing them though so that's basically the update today =) now, post your ideas.

9 comments:

xCYBERKIDx March 25, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Hey, you know how in metroid prime 3 the space pirate homeworld had acid rain, well you should add that in your game too! And add new "effects" to the beam sprites and power bomb sprites

kenji imatake March 26, 2009 at 12:33 AM  

the powerbomb has already changed, it's a powerbomb but not chozo based. the beam spites I am still working on, and your idea about acid rain just gave me a great idea, thanks! also expect the demo soon!

kenji imatake March 29, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

hehe, though it probably won't have enemies now... the enemies are being all screwy, I can probably add a zoomer or so (because too many enemies slow down the engine, it's still being worked on) but really the demo is just to test out samus's moves, see if it works out okay.

xCYBERKIDx March 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

It doesn't matter if it has enemys i just want to try out your engine! lol

kenji imatake March 31, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

it's kinda slow in most places. I know how to fix them... probably will seems how octo hasn't answered yet... I think he is working on his demo still =P
UPDATE: parallax scrolling has been added to the main background btw! why is this such a big deal?! parallex scrolling is the style scrolling that metroid fusion and zero mission feature. like the background moves half as fast as the player, I am sure anyone reading this have noticed it in both games. it's even almost identical to the actual game! I will have to thank Vorpal86 of the game maker community... without his tutorial, I would have never figured out how to make it work out! =) in the next demo (if octohunter gives me the upgrades soon lol) I will tryout water and something I'll keep a secret on =)

Dark Master April 2, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Interesting project. Good to know that there are people like you who spend time creating a project (especially Metroid) where people can enjoy it. Great project! I want to know more news soon about your project. I would like to share a video with us to see the progress of the project. Congratulations!

kenji imatake April 3, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

ah, a trailer... well I have been thinking about what to feature in it for a while, some of the areas are a major WIP because I have not found time to place tiles and such. but now it's spring break for me! I can work all week on this =D even the story is a WIP, I might take only one day off of the week to plan story, redesign areas and what they are. example, Tirane 12 was an asteroid that had many tunnels and bodies of water. being left so distant from a heat source, the water froze, expanding over time, thus becoming a "planet". the core is nothing but just an interior of an asteroid.
WHAT IT USED TO BE: Tirane 12 is a planet that is mostly only ice. it is a planet that has a frozen and snowy landscape.) I have an odd order of how I like things. like I like to have all of samus's sprites put in before an engine, add those sprites, some tiles, backgrounds, then build things off that. hopefully this wasn't too long a "speech" of sorts for all you waiting. my next update is the demo! =) which I am working on as fast as I can. note- the engine isn't the greatest, nor is it bad. it is the first game I have really made (yes, seriously) so at least I am learning xD

Dark Master April 4, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

COOL! What a thrill! and I want to be able to take the demo! I will be waiting a demo

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP