Sunday, February 1, 2009

here comes the demo!

the demo is coming along faster than I expected. I am very fast at tile decorating so that may be it
:/ but anyways here are some official screen shots of the demo! it is still a WIP, and the setting has changed. you will still be in caves, but it will be on a side of a mountain and on the other side it will be night (as promised) and the boss will be an official boss in the actual game, the boss of tirane 12 (planet of ice) and it will be a puzzle guardian which it won't in the final version. rundas45, candy man criminal, Halloween cloud, and zurginator will be making this boss (I alone could not sprite it, thats how difficult it is to make it.) now, the thing that everyone likes to see... real screenshots, not mockups, not beta, but actual screenshots of parts of the actual demo (samus is the only thing beta though =P I need to change her to fusion suit still.)

the first image is the room you start in (you can recognize these rooms in the last screenshot)
the second is me wallballing off the wall, the third shows a morphball pipe, fourth is a chozo statue, fith is another pipe with some different looking caves below, sixth is the different caves, seventh is another chozo statue and me wallballing again, and last is how a fully charged boostball will look like and the fences that can only be destroyed by missile bombs. now post away! anything need changing? comments? a suggestion? then like I said, post away!
also, credit will now be given (cuz I have officially decided to use those area tiles) tango311 for all the tiles, miles07 for the chozo statue, and octohunter for the boostball.
EDIT: I missed someone... and ronny14 for the walljumping function.

10 comments:

Anonymous,  February 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

I'm waiting to see how missile bombs work out. Everything else sounds fine.

kenji imatake February 1, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

I have not implanted weapons and enemies just [i]yet[/i], they'll be in the next update so you won't have to wait long. you can actually work missile bombs in MZM (thats where I got the idea) so if you want to see how it works before I implant it you have to use this code (I think code breaker) that should allow you to always shoot missiles. if you are in morphball and lay a bomb while that code is in effect the bomb should roll across the ground or air.

kenji imatake February 1, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

added on to the last post; I found the code: 83000A3A 0D02
this is kinda a simulation of how it would work.

xCYBERKIDx February 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

This looks amazing!!! I can't wait, I really like those tiles! use some more from the beta.

Android-Music February 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

Not baaaad! I see you're not leaving your game alone! :)
Btw vizit my site
android-music.ucoz.com
and
android-music.ucoz.com/MetroidX.htm
Cheers!

kenji imatake February 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

nope, I never did actually. progress has been made though! the overall area has been made, most of the area has been decorated, I will implant something secret within the demo that involves the actual game so stay tuned!

kenji imatake February 8, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

added to above post
I just saw your website, pretty cool! hope to see more! also for everyone who wants an update; I got a programmer to help out, but I am thinking he won't help cuz he is making a demo for his game at the moment...

Android-Music February 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Thanks, man! Hey, when your demo comes out? Maybe we create our "Metroid 5" comunity(i'm working on similar project, lol)? XD
P.S.: seriously, though I'm kidding I think that's a good idea, what do you say, huh? :)

94019ujdjsijaoiwe February 14, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Oh, kenji, I programmed Missile Bombs and Bombs already.

kenji imatake February 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

you do know how the missile bombs properly work out, correct? m'kay, well thats good! I was adding the next update today anyhow.
@anadroid music
a metroid 5 community? it would be cool I guess =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP